Monday, May 19, 2008

ready to leave paradise

Lucia: so yesterday we did another bumpy journey from our beach hotel to the Manuel Antonio national park and stayed in yet another of those high end resorts that is super nice. we did the park in the morning (ummmm, the rainforest is freakin hot and muggy. that is likely to be very evident to all of you, and in theory I knew it, but jeez, it really was) and then tucked in for a nap during our daily afternoon thunderstorm.
I had a delicious dinner of snook, a fish I had never met before. I have vowed to find him again.
and now this morning we are leaving to drop off the rental car and stay in a Marriott by the airport for our early flight tomorrow morning.
I won't lie, I am so ready to go home. I have even been have email fantasies about all the email and work waiting for me on my computer. I am having anxieties about not having my laptop for the airport/airplane hopping I will be doing tomorrow (three flights to get home... and only a 30 minute layover in Detroit... I am very anxious about that too - fully expect that I will be stuck waiting for the later flight...)
I know that we haven't been able to post pictures yet and that these posts have been infrequent. This is because of the internet troubles discussed previously. I will work to beef this blog up when I get home. I have been taking notes.

2 comments:

loud said...

Can't wait to have you back. Polka fest wasn't the same without you.

Alex said...

Heh heh. Funny mental pic of a snook playing snooker.